Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

If you followed the link from Sarah Madison's site, thank you. The Next Big Thing Blog Hop features an author each week and they recommend five author friends -- or in my case, two -- at the bottom of their post that will post the following week.

Without further ado, here's my answers to the blog hop questions.


The Next Big Thing:


  • What is the working title of your book?
  • Facing the Music. Originally it was Rock Star, but we changed it.


  • Where did the idea come from for the book?
  • I had started writing a story about a Rolling Stone reporter following around a rock band on tour and the lead singer and reporter falling in lust/love. I got stuck on chapter two (yeah, that early) and asked to Sue to co-write it with me. That was three years ago. We have just about finished up in between writing other projects.


  • What genre does your book fall under?
  • Contemporary M/M.


  • Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
  • For lead singer, Ethan, I would love Jensen Ackles, as he can sing and act! For his love interest, Graham Henderson, the reporter...I would go with Alex Pettyfer, Magic Mike. He's just so pretty. *g*


  • What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
  • Falling in love was never easy, but for Graham Henderson it means choosing between his career and his lover.


  • Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
  • We hope to submit it to Evernight.


  • How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
  • Years. *g*


  • What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
  • I wouldn't compare it to other books, but maybe the movie Almost Famous. It would be an A/U version of that movie, this time with a gay male cast. *g*


  • Who or what inspired you to write this book?
  • A picture. (see icon).


  • What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
  • Drop dead gorgeous rock stars with secrets, hot sex scenes and love's true course never being easy (angst junkies will love it) and you have Facing the Music.

    If you are still reading, I have a free book from our backlist awaiting the person who leaves a comment with their name and email address!

    My Links:
    Pender Mackie
    Eleanor Bruce

    3 comments:

    1. Best of luck with your submission! :)

      kimberlyFDR@yahoo.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are the winner, Kim. Do you want to wait for my new book in January or want something from my backlist? Email me or contact me on LJ. :)

        Delete
    2. Thanks for the contest.

      Shanabee1980@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete